Pharmaceutical funding of programs shall be free of any influence as it relates to content development and design. Regarding activities relating to a healthcare product, device or service, marketed or distributed by the healthcare industry /or still under development, Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation has adopted the following guidelines:
- Any ensuing collateral (digital or print) will be the property of Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation and findings may not be used or quoted by the funder without explicit permission.
- No information in relation to the project should ever be used to promote the use of any specific product or business of the funder.
- Funding should ideally come from more than one source, though it is recognized that this will not always be possible.
- Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation allows the opportunity for a courtesy review of sponsored project collateral (digital and print) if requested, but sponsors understand that final design and content is at the sole discretion of Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation. If a project requires medical/legal/regulatory (MLR), all MLR-approved sponsor content must comply with Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation standards regarding unbranded education or either party can cancel any agreements. Sponsor is responsible for any expenses incurred as a result of cancellation.
- Sponsors can be recognized on supported collateral (digital and print) through a general credit line only to avoid being perceived as an advertisement. The credit line can include a hyperlink to a company website or an unbranded campaign website only, no product website links are allowed.
- Company logos are not allowed on any supporting collateral (digital or print) for recognition purposes except for specific events when appropriate and outlined in contract.
- Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation does not disseminate unbalanced, non-validated or partial information about a product/service, which is produced, marketed or provided by a company.
- Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation will not be quoted in a company’s corporate communication in favor of, or against a product (this includes legislative action).
- Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation will not participate as a speaker/ participant in a company event for the launch of a pharmaceutical product (this does not include unbranded awareness campaigns).
- Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation as a brand will not appear in promotional materials for a certain product of the company (eg. booklets about a specific medicine) or to testify as a “consumer” of that medicine.
- Milka Clarke Stroke Brain Trauma Foundation and their representatives will not be quoted in industry press releases that relate to a marketed product or a product under development.