Here are some facts to ponder:
- People are living 30 years longer than they did a century ago
- People aged 60+ are the world’s fastest growing age group, particularly in the US.
- By 2047 there will be 2 billion people aged 60+ worldwide up from 800 million in 2010.
- The number of people under the age of 55 in the workforce is expected to fall, and for those above 55 it is expected to rise.
Here are the keys to staying vibrant no matter what your age:
- Remain physically active
- Eat a balanced diet
- Get enough sleep
- Manage any chronic and/or acute conditions you may have
- Keep immunizations and recommended tests/ procedures up to date
- Keep your brain sharp by learning new things
- Stay involved in purposeful and satisfying activities
- Maintain meaningful relationships with others
- Manage stress
Find more information about health and wellness, including healthy aging on our Pulse site: www.vapulse.net/groups/va-win